I Want to Apply to Equal Justice Works Fellowships
MORE ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
The 2014 Fellowship Application will open on July 8, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. EDT and close on September 17, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. EDT.
|July 8, 2013||The 2014 application will be available.|
|Sept. 17, 2013||The application and supporting paperwork are due to Equal Justice Works by 5 p.m. EDT|
|Nov. 2013||Interviews begin for selected candidates|
|Dec. 2013 -|
|Interviews continue; Fellowships are offered on a rolling basis|
|Sept. 2014||Class of 2014 Fellows begins service|
Becoming an Equal Justice Works Fellow is highly competitive. The application and selection process for an Equal Justice Works Fellowship involves the following:
- You must be a third year law student, a recent law school graduate, or an experienced attorney who demonstrates a commitment to public interest law. Your law school must be an Equal Justice Works member law school.
- You must identify a qualifying nonprofit host organization that will provide you with a full-time position upon receiving a fellowship.
- The host organization must be willing to be your employer during the term of the two-year fellowship as well as provide you with supervision, a work space, employee health and fringe benefits, and the materials (computer, internet access, phone, etc.) that you will need to successfully complete your project.
- Together with your host organization, you must design a new project, which focuses on legal advocacy on behalf of disenfranchised individuals, groups or issues not adequately represented in our legal system.
- Equal Justice Works reviews the applications and selects projects that can be matched with potential sponsors. Sponsors determine whom they would like to interview. Interviews and acceptances are offered on a rolling basis.
Download our application guide for more details about the process.
View our frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, email address, and phone numbers. If you do not have email, please leave a message at (202) 466-3686 ext. 202.