Conference and Career Fair
The Equal Justice Works Conference and Career Fair is the largest national public interest legal career fair in the country. More than 165 public interest employers conduct interviews for internships and full-time jobs and meet with students in informal “table talk” discussions of public interest legal opportunities. Over 1,200 students from nearly 150 law schools attend for interviews, workshops on public interest careers, job search advice, networking, resume and cover letter review, mock interviews, and more.
The 2017 Conference & Career Fair will be held on Friday, October 27 & Saturday, October 28 at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, VA.
More details coming soon.
Contact email@example.com or 202-466-3686 for more information on how you can participate.
Here are some highlights of this year’s event:
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Kagan shared her public service law experiences leading her to becoming the 112th justice and fourth woman to serve on the Supreme Court of the United States.
- 1,200 students representing 145 different law schools attended.
- 2,600 formal interviews were conducted over two days with 170 employers, representing 30 different states, including legal aid organizations, non profits, government agencies, etc.
- Over 265 unique jobs/internship positions were available to students with 1,880 openings.
- 93% of employers that conducted interviews are likely or very likely to hire candidates met at the Conference & Career Fair.
- 59% of hiring employers are likely or very likely to hire candidates they met during “Table Talk”.
- 80% of students rated the event as valuable or extremely valuable and 86% of student attendees would recommend it to their peers.